Sunday, September 26, 2010

LIFE HERE

is busy.

i *think* I've figured out how to wash cloth diapers well. Meaning, get them clean, really clean.

The baby is going one four stretch at night. She's 7 weeks old. Besides that stretch, she eats every 2 hours. still.

The 2 yr old is so acting two. Telling me NO, with attitude.

The three year old is pushing boundaries like crazy, every.time.i.turn.around.

whew. just those 3 kids make for a long day, a busy day, a constant day.

but those three are also the youngest. they are my cuddle bugs. they are my huggers. they make me laugh 1,000 times a day. they are the cutest, in that baby cute way.

they redeem themselves by being themselves :).

the older three are well older. they have attitude but it's different.they engage my mind more. parenting them isn't as straight forward. they keep me on my toes.

i look at the big ones and think the little ones will be there in a blink.

i look at the big ones and think hey'll be gone in a blink.

i am hit with the realization it is all temporary, fleeting.

they will be flying all.too.soon.

how do i slow time down?
how do freeze moments?

it's something to know you're done, to know this is the last baby. it affects you.

(and i'm only done, because of the numbers, not because of my heart)

No comments: